How to design effective channel pricing programs
Are you getting the channel “push” you need? Is your system of discounts and rebates rewarding the right partners? Are you considering a move to a tiered channel program?
Channel Pricing Strategy workshop provides participants with pricing models, tools and techniques to create desired partner behavior. It examines a wide range of compensation approaches ranging from volume-based to function-based systems, from up-front discounts to back-end rebates. The workshop discusses tiered channel programs designed to legally differentiate pricing to competing channel partners and provides examples of various successful approaches. It also covers legal and policy aspects of channel compensation including minimum-advertised price and resale price policies.
Who should attend?
Sales, finance, pricing and marketing executives who:
- Want to better align channel management and channel pricing
- Need to change the marketing, selling or operational behavior of channel partners
- Are currently redesigning an existing compensation program
- Want to use compensation and pricing policies as a channel conflict management tool – including internet channel conflict
- Want to encourage channel loyalty and full-line selling
What will I learn?
In this workshop you will learn how to choose the channel pricing structure that best fits your corporate goals and competitive situation. The topics include:
- Incorporating customer needs into channel pricing programs to drive customer satisfaction
- Linking corporate goals to channel compensation systems
- When to use discounts versus rebates, fees or funds
- Tactical aspects of channel pricing – MAP policies, special pricing, deal registration, etc.
- Legal aspects
- Compensation as an element of channel structure, e.g., program requirements and benefits
This workshop is facilitated by Frank Lynn & Associates’ President/CEO, John Henderson, a 35 year veteran who has taught literally hundreds of managers how to design, implement, and manage effective discount structure programs.
2018 Schedule: March 7, June 6, October 10
Location: Westin Hotel, Itasca, IL (about 5 miles west of Chicago O’Hare Airport)
Price: $ 995.00
We also offer the following discounts:
- 15% to “active clients”
- 15% for early registration
- 10% for multiple attendees
- 10% for multiple workshops
John is joined by Eugene F. Zelek, Jr., a partner in the Chicago law firm of Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP and one of the country’s leading legal minds specializing in marketing and trade regulation law. Together they will share with you best practices in channel compensation program design.
This workshop is also available for on-site presentations. To discuss this opportunity, please contact John Henderson at 312.263.7888 or email email@example.com.