The Channels People
Frank Lynn & Associates (FL&A) is a management consulting firm that designs creative, competitive, growth-oriented, profitable channel strategies and the supporting programs and management processes for clients across a range of business-to-business industrial, commercial, and technology markets.
- Design channel strategies for new products and services
- Refine channel strategies for existing products and services to:
- Optimize market coverage and increase market share
- Align with the evolving customer landscape and buying dynamics
- Align with the evolving channel landscape, dynamics, and models
- Proactively manage destructive channel conflict and engender constructive channel conflict
- Integrate and harmonize channel strategies after an acquisition
- Provide the insights and information required to design forward-looking, creative, resilient, and market-based channel strategies
- Market share analysis
- End-user landscape: end user profiles and segmentation models, buying journeys, brand and supplier decision dynamics, etc.
- Channel landscape: channel profiles and business models, supplier selection dynamics, and requirements
- Competitive landscape: market share positions, brand perceptions and positions, go-to-market approaches, etc.
- Perform market due diligence before an acquisition
Channel Program Frameworks and Compensation
- Design or refine channel program frameworks and compensation models to align with the market dynamics and a company’s strategy
- Evaluate and design pricing models, methods, and mechanisms that proactively manage destructive channel conflict and engender constructive channel conflict (e.g., minimum advertised price (MAP) policies, resale price policies, authorizations, etc.)
- Integrate or harmonize channel programs and compensation models after an acquisition
Channel Education and Training
- Provide management, marketing, and sales teams with the insight, knowledge, and understanding of sales channels to enable them to design, implement, and execute high-performing channel strategies, programs and compensation models, and channel management practices
Collaborate with clients to design channel strategies that effectively and efficiently cover and serve their target markets, deliver sustainable profitable growth, and drive shareholder value.
Analyze market environments, end-user and channel landscapes, and competitive dynamics to inform the design of the channel strategy.
Design channel programs and compensation plans that align with the channel strategy and motivate and reward the desired channel behaviors and performance characteristics.
Design processes that enable clients to successfully implement and rigorously execute their channel strategies and generate higher and more consistent performance through their channel partners.
Share channel-related concepts, frameworks, processes, and tools that enable management teams to design, implement and manage high-performing channel strategies through standard and bespoke learning engagements.
FL&A uses a variety of frameworks and tools to assess markets, design channel strategies, and create channel programs and compensation models.
Market Share Analysis and Growth Strategy Design
FL&A’s proprietary market share diagnostic framework, PPH®
- Defines how a company captures its market share
- Identifies what limits a company’s market share
- Defines the actions a company can take to increase its market share
- Identifies the stakeholders that are responsible for executing the actions
- Quantifies the incremental sales and market share the actions can capture
- Estimates when the company can reasonably expect to realize results
Channel Program Framework
VMCR enables companies to define the activities and functions that create value, sales, and growth and to reward differentially channel partners based on their performance.
Defines the activities and functions of the target end-users and the company wants the channel partners to perform.
Defines the metrics the company can use to objectively, consistently, and systematically evaluate the performance of its channel partners.
Defines the methods and mechanisms a manufacturer uses to clearly, objectively, and continuously report a channel partner’s performance in a structured and consistent way.
Defines the financial and non-financial benefits a manufacturer provides its channel partners that meet and exceed its expectations.
Meet Our Team
We assist clients in business-to-business industrial, commercial, and technology markets. Collectively, our team has more than 170 years of experience solving our clients’ channel strategy-related issues.
Get in Touch With Our Consulting Experts
For 49 years, our experienced team has handled more than 3,800 consulting engagements from clients across the globe. To start discussing your channel strategy-related issues and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of your channel strategy, book an appointment with us today.